Become an Eco-Action Warrior!
Before, during, and after every planting event, the Eco-Action Warriors are working hard to make sure everything goes off without a hitch! Everything we do depends on their effort and leadership, and we're going to need much more help if we're going to keep up with our very exciting plans for the future.
If you've got 10 volunteering hours under your belt at planting events or nursery work, take the Warrior challenge to earn your iconic high vis and badge. Try taking the practice test at this link to prepare for the challenge.
Adopt a nursery!
Everything we plant is grown from seeds sourced from the local Travis Wetland in satellite nurseries managed by schools and community groups, with support from Eco-Action. Please let us know if you'd like to establish your own satellite nursery. Kits are available for selected schools and community groups.
Free Eco-Action Satellite Nursery Kit
Kit supplied and installed. Ongoing support given.
- Irrigation timer pipe and sprinklers on stands x 2.
- Weedmat 4mx5m (if required)
- 3x240 litres of potting mix (Potting mix ex CLS Ltd Belfast)
- 500 new PB3 bags
- 500 approx. plants in 50x50 native tubes
- 50x50 native tubes x400 and associated tray stands x 8, 10 Nursery trays. (Egmont Commercial)
- 3x 240L wheelie bins,